After testing a few days ago and finding out that I am pregnant, I made an appointment to see a gynae to check how far along I am already. Unfortunately, no female gynae is availble soon enough, so I decided to see a male gynae just for this initial check up and will make an appointment with a female gynae for the subsequents check ups.
Today at 9.45am, I went for my first ever check up for my No 2. I was trying to stay cool despite being super excited to see the lil bean. Hehe. The check up with the male gynae was disappointing though, he is very insensitive and didnt really explain in detail when he did the scan. he didnt even check for baby’s heartbeat! He was cold and it was obvious that he wanted to get-it-over-and-done-with. The husband was making faces at me cos he too wasn’t happy. Sigh.
As per gynae (who couldnt care less!), I am 7 weeks pregnant and my due date is 101112. Isn’t that a nice date? BUT OF COURSE it won’t be so spot on la. I am sure I will deliver earlier. Tsk.
Honestly though, I wasn’t this excited when I first found out that I am pregnant. I mean, yes I want another baby, I just didn’t expect to get pregnant so soon. I thought that Shan will still need my attention and my intention was to breastfeed him until he turns 2. The husband and I wanted to try end of this year, but this is His gift to us and when I think about all the other women who are trying so hard to get pregnant, I say a little prayer thanking Him for giving me yet another great gift.
However, there are some things that I DO NOT look forward to during and after pregnancy -
1. Weight gain – Cannot deny this fact. I have just lost all the weight and now I have to put on all the weight back. Lol
2. Morning sickness during 1st trimester – Fortunately, I am already reaching my 2nd month and no vomiting so far! Just that stupid weird taste in my mouth (i can go on forever about this)
3. Fatigue – Cannot tahan this one. Walk a little bit, I need to sit. I cannot even put on makeup standing. SO LAZY.
4. Mood swing – Yes I get moody one minute and another minute I can smile like a puppy.
Those isted above are all the things that will happen during the first trimester. 2nd trimester IS THE BEST part of pregnancy. I LOVE 2nd trimester. Nothing to complain about it, so moving on to the 3r and last trimester.
1. Heavy and difficulty walking – I remember when I was pregnant with Shan, I had so much difficulty walking and it was always so painful down there.
2. Nothing fits anymore – Your tummy is so big and round (your ass too) nothing can fit you. Yes, my last trimester I look like a tempayan.
3. The ‘is-it-today-is-it-not’ feeling EVERYDAY – yup, everyday I imagine going into labour and practice my urgent call to the husband (I always assume he will be at work)
…and then comes labour..
1. The ‘how many cm?’ – Gynae checking and putting their hands inside you, down there to check how many cm dilated you are. That is SO NOT FUN.
2. The wait – When will I deliver. When will the pain come? What will be baby look like? Will baby be healthy?
3. The CONTRACTIONS – BIG OUCH this one. I have no words to describe it lah. It’s like someone shove their whole arm inside you and turn your spine like 360 degrees for fun every 2-3 minutes.
4. The pushing – I pushed for 2 hours with Shan. He refused to come out and despite my gynae saying she wanted to use forceps, I kept saying no and kept pushing because I didn’t want to hurt baby or anything (but actually nope, forceps will not hurt baby at all)
..after baby is born…You will so bloody (literally) happy and thankful to Him. REALLY. But after that…
1. The stiches – yup, I can feel my gynae sewing me up like I am a cow with a very bad cut.
2. The soreness – I was so traumatized after the labour. The pain I felt below at the v-jay-jay was so so painful that when I sleep, I get nightmares that I am still in labour. It was horrible
3. The recovery – this is the part that I am really not looking forward to. I felt helpless because I was in pain and couldn’t move much. I couldn’t attend to Shan that much and it made me feel so bad.
4. Hair Loss – yes I was bald at the sides after about 4 months of giving birth and hair only grew back when Shan was 9 months old!
That’s it! I just feel I should write all these down as memory. I am currently reading all my previous entries during my pregnancy with Shan and truthfully, despite all that I went through it is definitely worth it. Shan is the best thing that has ever happened to me and no amount of pain will stop me from having another baby of my own. A few months of pain is nothing compared to the laughter I get every single day when I see my baby.
May this journey be a smooth one for me, Inshaallah.
Been having that weird and funny feeling lately. Actually not lately but just yesterday. Shan was jumping up and down on my tummy and I feel like he should stop. Which is weird cos I usually enjoy playing rough with shan.
Later that day, I started having that really weird not nice nak mampos taste in my mouth! I will NEVER EVER forget that EVER. It’s so awful! So when I started feeling that in my mouth, I knew something is up! (women are just soooooooo good with their instincts i tell you!). I whatsapp the husband who was on night shift and told him. His reply? “ha ha ha”. Funny is it?!
So anyway, he then said I should get a test kit (but it was already 9pm and I was too lazy to go down to the shop). Told him to buy one on the way back from work the next morning. I felt so tired somehow and went to sleep at 11pm or so and woke up at around 9pm. And another strange thing was that – shan woke up at around 4am wanting to drink milk (still bfeeding by the way) but I didn’t want to give to him. I feel the need to stop him from drinking. But I gave in because he was kissing me all over asking for milk. That’s the deal nowadays. Whenever he wants milk, he will kiss me first. Lol.
So okay. The husband came home WITHOUT the test kit. I then got the helper to buy for me and i tested the moment she got home. And guess what?
Positive. Tested twice. Yes. Positive. The husband was so excited. I was more in shock than anything at first. I look at shan (who was oblivious and climbing all over me on the bed) and i felt so sad that the attention will soon be lesser for him. And that I have to stop bfeeding him already. He is still a BABY! And then he looked up to me and went “horseeeeee”. Lol he saw a book with a picture of a zebra. Very funny Shan.
So yeah. I am pregnant and nope I don’t know how far along I am yet. Made an appointment to see a gynae this Saturday and I will find out then.
Alhamdullilah and thank You for another wondeful gift – Inshallah.
Here is Shan when he is in a good mood and not THAT distracted with animal planet channel on tv. The “eeeeeeh…” means he saw an elephant on tv! Haha